hitchcock 发表于 2016-1-2 20:06

第1-3章:甲壳虫乐队和大卫潘 - The Beatles and David Poon

"Please Please Me" 45 record from my beatles collection.

The Beatles and David Poon

As I entered my teenage year and became more aware of current music, I slowly distanced myself from the recording that I'd been brought up with. The likes of Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis and Julie London were no longer a part ofmy immediate consciousness.

It was the early '60s, and the "British Invasion" was about to hit. I attended Princes Hill High School in Melbourne and enjoyed my times there. Slowly coming out of my shell, I had quite a few friends and liked most of my teacher, who seemed to like me, too. I was an average student who loved studying English and French, an average student who didn't have any interests in math, economics or any other subjects. The most consistent comment from teachers on my reports card was, "Could do much better if he applied himself."

In those days, students were placed at desks that had two side-by-side seats in the classroom. In 1963/64. I was seated next to my friend David Poon, a brilliant student who studied hard, got all his homework in on time and was a lot of fun to be around. He was one of my closest friends in high school, and we spent a lot of time hanging out together.

One day he came into class, and as we were chatting before out teacher arrived, he handed me a 45 recording. (For those who don't know: it was a vinyl recording that revolved on a turntable at 45 rpm.) He told me to check it out, as he thought it was fantastic and that I would love it. The recording was The Beatles' "Please Please Me". I took it home that day, played it (100 times), and my thoughts about music and how it affected me changed my life forever. As a footnote, I was fortunate enought to see the Beatles perform live in Melbourne in 1964.

中文译文:
      当我进入了青少年时期,我变得对当时的音乐更关注了,我逐渐开始疏远伴我成长的那些音乐。Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Johnny Mathis和Julie London已经不再是我当时热衷的了。

那时正值60年代初期,"大不列颠入侵" 马上就要袭击了。我进入了墨尔本王子山高中,在那里我过得很开心。渐渐的,我走出禁锢,我教了不少朋友,大多都是我的老师,他们似乎也很喜欢我。我是个普通学生,喜欢学英语和法语,不喜欢数学,经济和其他学科。老师给我的成绩卡上写的最多的内容便是,"如果他自己愿意,他可以做的更好。"

在那些日子里,教室里学生的课桌都是边对边的。在1963/64年,我的座位被安排到我的朋友David Poon边上,这是个相当优秀的学生,学习努力,所有功课都按时做完,而且也非常风趣。他也是我高中时期最亲密的朋友之一,有很多时间都在一起玩耍。

有一天他进了教室,因为在老师进来之前我们已经聊过了,他递给我了一张45转唱片。(也许有些人不知道:这是一种每分钟45转的黑胶唱片。) 他让我去听听,他觉得这很棒,我一定会喜欢的。这张唱片就是The Beatles的 "Please Please Me"。当天我拿回家,然后放了(100遍),这个音乐永远的改变了我的人生。另外,我也是个幸运儿,有幸于1964年在墨尔本看了The Beatles的演唱会。

原图下载:
**** Hidden Message *****
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 第1-3章:甲壳虫乐队和大卫潘 - The Beatles and David Poon