找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 6808|回复: 2

与Air Supply的歌曲作者Graham作的访谈

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-4-25 17:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Q& A with Songwriter Graham Russell of Air Supply
  Performing for 37 years now, Air Supply makes a stop at TheCanyon Club this Friday as part of their year-long US and world tour.

f0553a9fae560e6e1670d3eff521a0.jpg

Iconic pop duo Air Supply with lead singer RussellHitchcock and songwriter Graham Russell will be performing at The Canyon Club this Friday at 9 p.m.
  Fresh from the noteworthy release of their 25th CD"Mumbo Jumbo" and their newest single "Sanctuary," theAustralian duo has been making performance stops recently in Mississippi,Texas and now California.
  Their creative partnership is 37-years strong, producingclassic hits such as "Lost in Love," "All Out of Love,""Making Love Out of Nothing at All" and "Now and Forever,"to name a few.
  They are constantly on the road with more than 150 showsworldwide from Canada to China and from Israelto Ireland,with no signs of slowing down.
  In between shows and rehearsals,Patch caught up with Graham Russellfor a quick chat and an enticing preview of this Friday's show.

Patch: What can your fans expect during your Canyon Clubshow this Friday?
  Graham Russell: Performing in Agoura Hills is such a thrill for us.We’ve been coming to your great town for four or five years now.
  We’ll be playing a lot of the big hits that fans expectlike “Lost in Love,” “All Out of Love,” among others. We are good about alwaysdelivering on the ones that people want to hear, but we’ll have new songs toolike “Sanctuary,” “Everywhere” and at least one other brand-new song.
  We swap them around. We move things around and try tokeep things fresh. A lot of it also depends on how much time the venue gives usor if it’s open-ended.

P: Rumor has it that you and your “better half” RussellHitchcock have never had a fight or even a disagreement. What makes the two ofyou tick? How did you manage to get along for 37 years?
  GR: (chuckles) It’s not a rumor. It’s a fact. Russell and Ihave never had an argument. We’re both very level-headed individuals withdistinct roles. I’m the songwriter and he’s the lead singer and we fulfill bothroles perfectly. Those roles are never compromised and there’s nospotlight-hogging.
  I’ve been a master songwriter for over 50 years. I’mhappy to be in the shadows or playing the guitar or the piano. That’s perfectlyfine with me. Russell as the lead singer is always front and center. I’ve askedhim to write songs a few times in the past but he doesn’t want to. So see,there’s really been no reason for us to argue. We’re both giving individualswho like to compromise and work things out.

P: How do you keep it fresh and how do you stay inspiredto keep writing all these ballads?
  GR: It’s adiscipline, just like going to the gym or any kind of passion. I will myself towrite everyday, even if it’s just a few verses. I push myself and tell myselfthat if I want to be good, I have to do it everyday. It’s important in anycareer to be strict and disciplined with one’s self. I believe my greatestsongs are yet to come.
  As for inspiration, every moment I’m awake, I getinspired. In restaurants, planes, trains – I have a take on everything. Ibelieve that wherever you are, there is a message for you. For example…InBiloxi, Mississippi, I saw rose bushes everywhere. That triggered memoriesbecause my dad used to grow them. So I wrote a poem about it.
  Everything’s a trigger. Sometimes, I’ll play my guitarand nothing will happen right away. I’ll just enjoy it. When I “let go,” that’swhen a song comes.

P: What would your fans be surprised to know about youand Russell?
  GR: Ahh…thatwe’re just two normal people who work and enjoy ourselves? We do have separatelives. We hardly see each other when we’re not working or when we’re “off theroad.”
  I have been married for 26 years with four grandchildren.Russell has no grandchildren. So I’m a little ahead of him on that one.(chuckles)

P: Aside from your tour, what else is “in the works” forAir Supply? What else would you like to accomplish?
  GR: We have aBroadway show coming up – “Lost in Love,” that is based on the song. We’ve hadthree successful readings for that and rehearsals will start in September. Thisfall, we’re also releasing a DVD of our show last year in Israel.
  I would love to have a song in a movie that wins anAcademy Award. I know everything will come if you’re patient and work hard. Ithink our biggest achievement is our ability to perform “live,” travel theworld, perform at a high level and still remain incredible friends who canwrite and produce great music together...and in doing that, bring happiness toa lot of people - we are living that.

楼主| 发表于 2013-4-26 12:02 | 显示全部楼层
文章大意:
与Air Supply的歌曲作者Graham Russell的问与答  
  经历了37年的歌唱生涯,Air Supply本周五在TheCanyon Club演出,为他们的一年来的世界巡演做一个暂时休整。

流行组合Air Supply的Russell Hitchcock和歌曲作者Graham Russell将在 The Canyon Club本周五晚9点举行演出。
  随着第25张CD"Mumbo Jumbo"的发行和最新单曲"Sanctuary"的发布,这对澳大利亚双人组合最近在密西西比,德州,和加利福尼亚演出。
  他们37年的生涯创造出了许多经典歌曲,诸如"Lost in Love","All Out of Love","Making Love Out of Nothing at All" 和 "Now and Forever"等。
  他们从加拿大到中国,从以色列到爱尔兰,已经经历了150场演出,并且完全没有慢下来的迹象。
  在演出排练之间,PatchGraham Russell作了一个快速的访谈。

Patch: 周五在Canyon Club的演出歌迷们会看到什么惊喜?
  Graham Russell: 在Agoura Hills的演出对我们来说真是激动人心。我们4,5年前就来过这个很棒的城市了
  我们演唱了一些经典歌曲,粉丝期待的 “Lost in Love”, “All Out of Love” 等。我们一直致力于给听众带去好听的音乐,但是我们也会演唱至少一首新歌,如 “Sanctuary”, “Everywhere”。
  我们一直在创作新的东西,这取决于场地允许我们演出多久。

P: 传言你和你的 “另一半” Russell Hitchcock 从来没有任何争吵与不和。是什么原因呢? 你们是如何一起经营这37年的关系呢?
  GR: (轻笑) 这不是传言,这是事实。Russell和我从来没有一次争吵。我们两人都有不同的分工。我是歌曲作者,他是乐队主唱,我们合作的很完美。
  50多年来我一直在写歌。我乐于在台上扮演在弹吉他和钢琴的角色。对我来说正合适。Russell是乐队主唱,他总是在舞台的中央。我过去曾经好几次让他试着写歌,但是他都不愿意。所以,你看,我们完全没理由来争吵。我们完全分工明确

P:你是如何经常有灵感写出所有的那些情歌的呢? 
  GR: 这就像去健身房锻炼或者别的兴趣爱好一样。 我会每天都写,甚至仅仅是几个小节。我强迫告诉自己是最棒的,我不得不每天都这样。严以律已对任何行业都是相当重要的。我相信我写的最棒的歌还没有到来
  而说起灵感,每次我醒来的时候都会取得灵感。在餐馆,飞机,火车上。我相信在任何地方都能找到讯息。比如在密西西比的比洛克西,到处可见玫瑰丛。这引发了我的回忆,因为我父亲过去经常种玫瑰。所以我写了一首关于这的诗。
  任何事物都能创作成歌曲,有时候,我弹着我的吉他,当时没有发生什么事情。我享受其中的时刻,而放松后,就自然成章了。

P: 你们的歌迷会惊讶什么关于你和Russell之间的事?
  GR: 啊哈…我们只是两个在一起工作的普通人。我们有不同的生活。不在巡演途中时我们几乎不见面
  我已经结婚26年了,有了4个孙子孙女。Russell没有孙儿。我们这方面我赶超他了。(笑道)

P: 除开巡演,Air Supply还在做什么事情? 还有什么是你想去完成的?
  GR: 我们的百老汇演出 “Lost in Love,”即将上演,那是基于这首歌的演出。我早9月份看过三次很棒的排练。今年秋天,我们也会发行去年在以色列举行的演唱会的DVD。
  我想写一首歌赢得奥斯卡奖。我认为如果你有足够的耐心或者努力工作,任何事情都会成功。我认为我们最大的成就就是为歌迷们作现场演唱,在世界旅行,演出高水准的演唱会,把快乐带给人们 - 这就是我们正在做的。

楼主| 发表于 2013-5-8 22:08 | 显示全部楼层
更新中文译文。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.