找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 3626|回复: 0

第1-2章:第12个不可能 - The Twelfth of Never

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-1-2 09:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175808.jpg
Me as a small boy growing up in the inner city in Melbourne, Australia.

The Twelfth of Never

I was always a shy kid. I had been ill as a youngster and didn't participate in sports or other events too much. So my circle of friends was quite small, and my social skills during childhood were certainly not as developed as a lot of the other kids. My sister and I didn't have bikes to ride, and because of a skin disorder I had, I was unable to go to the local pool. So those situations where everyone would congregate and hang out together were unavailable to me.

In spite of these barriers, as I've said, I always had fun. My mother especially was a consistent source of amusement to our family and would do pretty much anything to get a laugh out of us.

At a party that my family attended when I was somewhere around the age of 12, I had my first experience performing in front of an audience. Since I was very shy, the thought of standing up in front of anyone was not only terrifying, but also the last thing on my mind. Someone had the brilliant idea that every person in the room had to participate. My knees shook, my heart beat faster and I broke out in a cold sweat as I waited for my turn to stand up and face the music.

I had no idea what I would do, and my mind was racing for a solution. Finally, it was my turn. As music was always around the house, I had the chance to listen to some very good singers and would sing along with their recordings. Johnny Mathis was one of my favorites, and I would accompany him, singing in the same register. One of his songs was "The Twelfth of Never", a beautiful love song with a great melody. I decided on the spot to give it a shot and nervously began: "You ask how much I need you, must I explain."

The words flowed, and I looked at my parents as their mouths dropped in shock. They'd never heard me sing alone before and seemed amazed. As I ended the song, I was greeted with, what was to me, tremendous applause. To my relief, I rejoined the party, thankful the ordeal was over.

中文译文:
      我一直是个含羞的小男孩。在我小时候我得过病,所以我不能参加体育活动,或者其他类似的活动太多。所以我的朋友圈相当小,所以我童年时期的社交能力当然没法和其他孩子相提并论。我姐姐和我也没有自行车可以骑,因为我得了一种皮肤病,我没法去当地的游泳池玩。所以这么多状况出在我身上,我就不能像其他人聚在一起出去玩耍了。

尽管有着重重阻碍,正如我说过的,我依旧很快乐。特别是我妈妈,她是家里的开心果,她会做任何让我们开心大笑的事。

当我12岁左右的时候,我们全家参加了一个派对,这是我第一次在听众面前表演。因为我很害羞,站在大家面前时,我心中有的不仅仅是害怕,还有我脑海中的最后一件事情。有人出了个很棒的点子,让屋子里的每个人都能够参与。轮到我了,该我来演唱了,我的膝盖在颤抖,心跳加速,浑身冒冷汗。

我完全不知道我应该干什么,我脑子里飞快得在想办法。最终要轮到我了。由于屋子里的音乐就没有间断过,我有机会能能够听一些很棒的歌手,一起哼着他们的歌。Johnny Mathis是我的最爱,其中他的一首歌名叫 "The Twelfth of Never", 一首拥有很棒旋律美妙的情歌。我决心一搏,但是紧张又来了: "You ask how much I need you, must I explain."

歌词就这样从口中蹦了出来,我看到我父母的下巴都快掉了下来。他们从来没有听我独唱过,太惊人了。歌曲唱罢,我被报以热烈的掌声。令人欣慰的是,我重新加入了派对,谢天谢地,考验终于结束了。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.