找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 3826|回复: 0

第1-4章:第19代人 - The 19th Generation

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-1-3 09:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175826.jpg
Me and my first drum kit. Not the Beatles posters covering my bedroom wall behind me.

The 19th Generation

My interest in music skyrocketed after hearing The Beatles, and I acquired everything I could about them: joined their fan club, bought every magazine I could get my hands on, wore"Beatles Boots" and tried to emulate their hairstyle (impossible). I was totally into listening to music. I loved all the English bands, The Who, The Animals and The Stones, never considering that one day that I would be sitting here writing about a career that has spanned such a long period of time.

I had always been interested in different rhythms, tapping something in time with whatever I was listening to. So it was no surprise to me (more a shock) that my sister and my dad bought me a drum kit for my birthday. It was a simple "Pearl" kit with a kick drum, a snare drum, two toms, a ride cymbal and hi-hats. As basic a kit as one could get, but when I sat behind it, I thought I was Ringo Starr!

Another of my close friends in schook was Chris Lofven. He was one of the "artsy" people, a successful filmmaker at 15, with a wicked sense of humor. There was not a day that went by that I didn't burst into hysterical laughter about a comment he made, a  drawing he showed me or just an expression on his face a musical instrument. He was a bass player.

Somehow, and I don't recall the specifics, Chris asked if I'd like to start a band with him, and with the additon of David Worley on rhythm guitar and Graeme Worland on lead guitar, we had ourselves a group. Need a name, we combined two song titles, The Rolling Stones's "19 Nervous Breakdown" and The Who's "My Generation" to give birth to The 19th Generation.

中文译文:
      在听了甲壳虫乐队后,我对音乐的兴趣暴涨,而我也想办法去收集有关他们的一切:参加他们的歌迷俱乐部, 买任何有关他们的杂志,穿着“甲壳虫靴子”,尝试着模仿他们的发型 (这是不可能的)。我完全沉浸在他们的音乐之中。我爱所有的英国乐队,谁人乐队,动物乐队,滚石乐队,不过从来没有想过会有这样一天,我坐在这里写着关于自己冗长的音乐生涯的文字。

我总是对节奏很有兴趣,无论我在听什么都会用手打着节拍。所以当我姐姐和我爸爸在我生日那天送给我一套架子鼓那就并不怎么惊奇了(更多是震惊)。这是一套简单的 "Pearl" 牌子的鼓,包含一个脚踢鼓,小军鼓,两个嗵嗵鼓,一个节奏镲和带踏板的脚镲组成。这仅仅是一套基础的架子鼓,但当我坐在它后面时,我甚至认为我就是Ringo Starr!

Chris Lofven是我学校中另一位很好的朋友。他是个具有艺术气息的人,15岁时就是名成功的电影制作者,具有一种邪恶的幽默感。我被他的评论逗得歇斯底里大笑的,他画了一幅画,一个乐器在他脸上。他是名贝司手。

不知怎么的,我记不太清细节了,Chris问我是否愿意和他一起创立一个乐队,和其他几位伙伴节奏吉他David Worley,主音吉他Graeme Worland,我们有自己的组合了。但是需要一个队名,我们组合了两首歌的标题,滚石乐队的"19 Nervous Breakdown" 和The Who的 "My Generation" ,于是第19代人乐队(The 19th Generation)成立了。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.