找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4523|回复: 0

第1-5章:见到了耶稣和犹大 - Meeting Jesus and Judas

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-1-3 15:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175835.jpg
Me with my bandmates from The 19th Generation - Chris Lofven, David Worley and Graeme Worland.

Meeting Jesus and Judas

My part-time music career with The 19th Generation involved playing mostly pubs in and around Melbourne on the weekends. We owned a tiny van that we would load up,  and Graeme would drive because he was the only old enough. The pay was low and crowds rowdy. We played cover versions of popular songs. The band eventually went our seperate ways, and my first touch playing in front of an audience drifted into the past as my life moved on.

I had dropped out of high school, not willing to waste any more of my parents' hard-earned money and obtained a job working in a men's clothing store. I enjoyed my short time there before moving to a much larger department store. I sold luggage, picnic baskets and "travel rugs". It was a good job, and I worked with some cool people.

It was during this period that I met Roger Ong, his brother Gilbert, and Toby Koh. They were three guys from Malaysia who played together and were looking for a drummer. I'm not sure how they found me but, in any event, I was asked to join. We were called The Co-Asians since they were from Malaysia and I was Australian. We played mostly restaurants so the small fee included dinner, which was pretty cool.

Once again the band ran its course, but we remain friends to this day. And once again, music was on the back burner as the years passed. I married at 20, had a son, Jon, and divorced after a few years, during which time I'd changed jobs yet again and was working for an English computer company in the spare parts department. Music was no longer even a thought.

I had been transferred  to Sydney from Melbourne to run the office there and shared an apartment with my girlfriend when, after a year or so in 1975, she came home from work and handed me a copy of the daily newspaper. She had  circled an  advertisement announcing auditions for the upcoming production of Jesus Christ Superstar. I asked, "Why should that interest me?" and she said, "Because you can sing." I replied, "Everyone can sing." She said, "Not like you."

After a couple of days going back and forth, I flew to Melbourneto audition for the show. Having had no experience vocally and no formal training, I naively just stopped at a music store, picked out the sheet music for "Bridge Over Trouble Water" (because I loved the song and could sing along with it) and headed to the theater. I was shocked to find about 300 people waiting in line. I had to turn, step away and go for a walk to try and calm my nerves. I thought there was no chance in the world that I could ever be chosen for the production. After some time, I went back, eventually walked into the audition room, and nervously introduced myself. I had to hang onto the piano, my knees were shaking so badly.

I sang the song. They took my information along with a Polaroid photo and said that someone would contact me. I was asked back to audition twice. A week or so after the last audition, I got a call from Richard Harper offering me a position in the chorus. I was over the moon!

中文译文:
      我在The 19th Generation乐队里的业余音乐生涯就这么开始了,我们大多时候见都在周末的墨尔本市区和周围的酒吧里演出。我们拥有一辆小货车,Graeme来开车因为他是我们这里唯一够年龄的人。报酬很低,人群也很喧闹。我们翻唱那些流行歌曲。乐队最终分道扬镳,我的第一次在听众前演出就此作古,而生活还得继续。

我从高中里辍学,我不想浪费父母辛苦挣的钱,我找了份在男装店里干活的工作。我很喜欢在那里的短暂的时光,接着我去了一家大很多的百货商店。我卖皮箱,野餐篮还有“旅行毯” 。这是份很不错的工作,我和一些很酷的家伙们共事。

就在那段时间里,我认识了Roger Ong,他的兄弟Gilbert还有Toby Koh。他们三个从马来西亚来一起玩乐队,正在寻找一名鼓手。我不清楚他们究竟是如何找到我的,但是无论如何,他们邀请我加入乐队。我们被称作The Co-Asians,因为他们三个来自马来西亚,而我是澳大利亚人。我们大多都在餐馆里演出,收入不多,但是包含一顿晚餐,那真是很不错。

再一次的,乐队走到了他的终点,但是我们几个到现在还是好朋友。而再一次的,在过去的岁月里,音乐在其背后燃烧。我在20岁时候结了婚,有了一个儿子Jon,几年后离了婚,在那段时间里,我又换了工作,在一家英国电脑公司的备件部工作。生活中失去了音乐,甚至连一丝想法也没有了。

我从墨尔本被调到悉尼,在那里管理一件办公室,并且和我女朋友同居了,到了一年后左右的1975年,她下班回家递给我一份当天每日新闻的报纸。她圈出来一则广告,称正在为马上要开演的音乐剧Jesus Christ Superstar招人。我问,"我什么你觉得我会对这东西感兴趣?" 她说,"因为你能唱歌。" 我说,"人人都能唱歌。" 她说,"但不是人人都能像你这样唱歌。"

就这样过了几天,我想来想去,最终我飞去墨尔本准备进行面试。之前没有任何演唱的经验,也没有正式的培训学习,我天真的在一家音乐上店门前停下进去了,拿起一本 "Bridge Over Trouble Water" (因为我很喜欢这首歌,而我能一个人单独演唱它) 的乐谱径直走去剧院。我吓了一跳,大约有300个人在排队等待。我只好转身走开,散散步来缓解我的紧张。我心想我怎么可能会录取去参加这个演出呢。过了一会儿,我又回来了,我走进了面试房间,紧张的介绍了我自己。我不得不紧紧抓住钢琴,我的膝盖抖的厉害。

我唱了这首歌。他们把我的信息资料和一张宝丽来照片一起拿走了,说之后会有人来联系我的。我又被要求第二次参加了试音。就在这第二次试音的一周左右后,我接到了Richard Harper的电话,我被录取参加和声部分的演出。我兴奋的觉得自己像是在月球上!

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.