找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4197|回复: 0

第1-7章:密友 - Fast Friends

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-1-10 17:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175852.jpg
Graham and me, holding our Lost in Love album (that went gold) for a 1981 newspaper article.
The photo caption read: "Air Supply - A God - given ambition to make it as their own Superstars."

Fast Friends

Graham and I became friends very quickly after the famous "ankle incident". We both came from similar backgrounds even though we were born on different sides of the world - he was born in Nottingham, England, while I was born in Australia.

We were both giant Beatles fans and both of us had seen them perform live in our respective countries. Neither of us has brothers, and both of us have sisters. We quickly found that we have the same sense of humor. We also have the same taste in food, particularly Indian food, and at the time of our meeting, we could both eat it as anyone could prepare it.

Because we were both new to theater, we weren't included in the various cliques within the case and consequently spent our off time with the other newbies. We were coincidentally seated next to each other in the men's dressing room and even started every performance in the same "tube".

One afternoon at rehearsals during a break in the proceedings, I happened upon Graham playing guitar in one of the corridors backstage. I asked what he was playing and he told me that it was an original composition. I'd never know anyone who had written an original composition, so I was very impressed to say the least. Not long after, if not that day, we started working together singing his songs. Our harmonies came naturally to us as if we'd been working together forever. His songs suited my range, and both lyrically and melodically, his songs fit into my music world seamlessly. It has been the same since day one.

中文译文:
      Graham和我在这次脚踝意外后迅速成为了好朋友。我们有着相同的背景,尽管我们出生在地球的两端 - 他出生在英国诺丁汉,而我出生在澳大利亚。

我们都是Beatles的粉丝,而我们都在各自的国家看过他们演出。我们都没有兄弟,而都有姐姐。我们很快发现我们有着同样的幽默感。我们也喜欢吃相同的食物,特别是印度食物,在当那时我们在一起的时候,我们吃的东西两个人都能吃。

因为我们都是歌剧上的新人,我们没有被拉帮结派,所以就一直和其他新人们混在一起。巧合的是我们被安排在更衣室里的相邻座位,甚至每次演出都安排在同样的方阵中。

在一次下午的排练间隙后,我碰巧遇到Graham在后台弹吉他。我问他在弹什么,他告诉我说这是他原创的曲子。可我那时还从来没有听到过有什么人会自己写曲子,我真是太钦佩了。在那个事件不久后,我们在一起合作,唱他写的歌了。我们的和声自然而成,就像我们已经在一起合作很久了。他的歌也相当适合我,无论是歌词还是旋律,他的歌和我的音乐感搭配的天衣无缝。而自从第一天之后就再也没有改变过。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.