查看: 4155|回复: 0

第1-9章:摩登Rod - Rod the Mod in Oz

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-2-28 09:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175904.jpg
Rod Stewart and me somewhere on tour in '77
Rod stewart tour shirt from my music memorabilia collection

Rod the Mod in Oz

Jesus Christ Superstar closed in Australia in October 1976. "Love and Other Bruises" was a giant hit for us, and we'd asked Jeremy Paul, another cast member, to join us in Air Supply as our bass player. The show ended on a Saturday and the following Monday we were on the road as a band. We've been on the road every year since without taking a break from touring.

Toward the end of 1976, our managers at the time told us that we had a shot at opening for Rod Stewart. He was touring Australia December through early January of 1977. Of course we thought we had no chance, as we were new on the scene and our music at the time was quite a bit different from Rod's.

Graham and I had been lucky in meeting, but we had worked really hard to be as good as we could. So in a way, we also made our own luck. When the news arrived that we had scored the tour, we could not have been happier.

We toured Australia in December with Rod. I had seen him some years before at the Sydney Cricket Ground as a paying customer, and being able to step on the same stage as he and his amazing band was something one could only dream about.

中文译文:
       耶稣超级明星于1976年10月在澳大利亚落下帷幕。对我们来说"Love and Other Bruises"是个巨大的成功。我们询问了另一位剧中成员Jeremy Paul加入Air Supply作为我们的贝斯手。演出在周六结束,紧接着的周一,我们就作为乐队开始巡演了。我们每年都在巡演,几乎没有任何休息时间。

到了1976年底,我们当时的经纪人告诉我们有个为Rod Stewart做暖场的机会。他将从12月开始到1977年1月在澳大利亚巡演。当然我们心想那一定没有机会的,我们是新人,而且我们的音乐也和Rod的完全不同。

Graham和我幸运的获得了一次面试机会,我们相当努力,尽可能的把好的一面展现出来。所以从另一方面讲,是我们自己创造出了幸运。当最终赢得了这次巡演机会的消息传到我们耳朵中后,我们无法再高兴了。

我们在12月和Rod一起在澳大利亚巡演。我在几年前在悉尼跳蚤市场中见到过他在付钱买东西,能够登上舞台,与Rod和他那不可思议的乐队一起演出,这几乎是在做梦一样。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.