找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 5572|回复: 2

第1-11章:你觉得我性感吗 - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-5-8 19:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175917.jpg
Left to Right: Nigel Macara, Rex Goh, Howard Tsukamato, Joey Carbone, Robin Le Mesurier, me and Graham with his guitar, on the North America tour with Rod Stewart

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

To imagine that we would share the stage with Rod Stewart in Austalia after only having been a band for a couple of months seemed inconceivable. It was such an exciting time for Graham and me. I think we did half a dozen concerts all over Australia, and of course, they were all sell outs. I don't know that we had time to really appreciate the magnitude of the situation, but certainly it was an invaluable experience.

So when, after the second show, we were asked of we'd like to open for Rod on his North American Tour in 1977, we were amazed. The tour was to start in September and go through December. We'd be playing all the big venues across Canada and North America, placed such as Madison Square Garden in New York, The Forum in Los Angeles, Candlestick Park in San Francisco and many others.

We took guitarist Rex Goh (an amazing player) and our drummer Nigel Macara (great player and too much fun) and added Joey Carbone on piano, Robin Le Mesurier on guitar and Howard Tsukamoto on bass. We weren't able to soundcheck, had only about 10 feet of stage depth to work on and had no risers for anyone, but we were THRILLED to play our half of the show.

The most important aspect of the tour for me was that we had the opportunity to watch Rod, who was , arguably at the time, the biggest star in the world. We would be at the side of the stage every night, seeing how he controlled the audience, how he put the set list together. He'd build things here and take them down in other places to ultimately create such a dynamic show that, by the end, he had the audience in the palm of his had screaming for more! We got to see his production, lighting and sound, and they were all top notch. We absorbed it all, and, I must say, it was the best learning experience one could wish for. It certainly put us in a different mental state for all our future performances.

中文译文:

试着想象,能够和Rod Stewart在澳大利亚同台演出,对于一支仅仅才成立几个月的乐队来说真是不可思议。对于Graham和我来说这真是令人兴奋。我想我们的演出遍布了澳大利亚,当然,这些演出都全部座无虚席。我不知道我们是否真的有时间来感激这一切,但是可以肯定的是这对我们来说绝对是个宝贵的经验。

所以,在第二场演出之后,我们被询问是否愿意为1977年的Rod Stewart北美演出作暖场,我们震惊了。这个巡演在9月开始,并且到12月结束。我们在所有加拿大和北美的大场馆演出,诸如纽约的麦迪逊广场花园,洛杉矶的论坛,旧金山的烛台公园和其他大地方。

我们带了吉他手Rex Goh (不可思议的吉他手) 和我们的鼓手Nigel Macara (超级棒的鼓手,人也很风趣) 并且加了钢琴手Joey Carbone,吉他手Robin Le Mesurier和贝斯手Howard Tsukamoto。我们没有机会做试音,只有10英尺高的舞台来排练,没有任何起降机,我们连演半场演出都相当紧张。

而对我来说,巡演最重要的地方就是能够给我机会观察Rod,当时他是世界上最红的巨星。每晚我们在舞台的一边,看他是如何煽动观众的情绪的,看他是如何挑选歌曲。他创造了一个动态的舞台效果,最终观众们报以更热烈的尖叫!他的巡演的灯光,音效都是顶尖的。我们从中学习了很多,我不得不说,这是我一直梦寐以求的学习经验。这当然为我们未来的演出带来了不同的精神状态。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
 楼主| 发表于 2016-5-29 19:12 | 显示全部楼层
中文译文更新
发表于 2016-6-9 14:14 | 显示全部楼层
看看内容哈
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.