找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4069|回复: 0

第1-12章:粉身碎骨 - Crushed

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-11-9 09:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175923.jpg

Crushed

We ended the Rod Stewart tour mid-December and were on a tremendous high. We'd gone from great initial success at home with our recordings and the tour in Australia to traveling to the United States, recording an album and being on the road for the best part of three months all across North America. We'd seen an amazing performer, got to hang out with his band (and him occasionally), seen most of the country and some fantastic venues, and had a major taste of life on the road and all it encompassed.

The flight back to Australia was long, and we were looking forward to being home again and reuniting with our families. The fact that we were offered the tour in the first place gave us a sense of pride, and we figured that when we arrived home, we could be greeted by the press and media with the same sense of pride and achievement.

I remember getting into the customs area in Sydney and waiting for my bags to appear on the carousel. In Sydney, the doors out of customs were closed until you walked through. Beyond, I could hear the muffled screams of "fans." I immediately thought that the news of our tour had circulated to the public and that they were all waiting for us. When I finally had my bags and walked through the doors, I was shocked. The fans were waiting for Sherbet, an incredibly successful Australian band who had been on tour in Australia and returning home.

I was crushed! Not one Air Supply T-shirt, poster or record to be seen. My tail between my legs, I sneaked out as quickly as I could. This was a great lesson in humility, instantly making me see that it doesn't matter how much success you have or how good you think you are. Reality has a way of bringing you down to earth in a BIG hurry.

中文译文:

我们在12月中旬结束了Rod Stewart的巡演,并且我们的达到了相当的高度。我们一开始在家乡获得了巨大的成功,同样在澳大利亚的巡演,去美国的演出,录制专辑,以及在北美长达3个月的巡演都获得了成功。我们见到了不可思议的艺人,和他的乐队一起出去玩,偶尔也会和他本人一起出去,见到了那些梦幻的演出场馆,生活中被这些精彩包围着。

飞回澳大利亚的飞机时间很长,我们大家都非常急着要回家与家人们团聚。事实上,这个巡演给予了我们相当巨大的自豪感和成就感,我们想象着当我们回到家的是偶,我们会被记着媒体包围。

我记得我们进入悉尼机场的旅客区,在转盘处等我的行李。旅客通道直到穿过时都已经关闭了。我可以听到“歌迷”的尖叫声。我立刻想到了,我们的歌迷们都在等我们。而当我最终拿到我的行李,走出门之后,我震惊了。原来那些歌迷都在等Sherbet,一个不可思议的澳大利亚乐队,巡演之后回到澳洲。

我彻底奔溃了!没有看到一件Air Supply的T恤,海报或者唱片。我夹紧尾巴,尽可能快的走出机场。这是给我们的谦逊上了一堂课,让你知道无论你有多成功,无论你觉得你有多棒。现实总有办法迅速的把你拉下悬崖。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.