找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4674|回复: 0

第1-14章:改变世界的一天 - The Song that Changed the World

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-1-4 11:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175936.jpg
Left: Life Support was our first album with Wizard Records of Australia, released in 1979.

The Song that Changed the World

During the early part of 1978, when Graham was in Adelaide and I was doing what I could to earn a living, I got a call from Graham. He told me that he'd written serveral songs and suggested I fly in and listen to them. I have always been excited to hear anything new from him, so with an optimistic heart and a few dollars in my pocket, I flew to meet him.

There were a couple of the other guys from the band there, and, as is fairly usual, Graham started playing his acoustic guitar. He began singing, "I realize the best part of love is the thinnest slice...." I was floored! A beautiful melody with simple lyrics that went straight to the heart. When he was done, I immediately told him that it would be a BIG hit for us.

We worked on the vocal parts for the song, singing in harmony. At the end, it took off when Graham suggested I sing up an octave on the "out" choruses. The song was a masterpiece, and he had written it in only 15 minutes.

On the basis of "Lost in Love," "All Out of Love," "Sweet Dreams" and "The One That You Love," we secured a record deal with Tony Hogarth at Wizard Records. He heard the songs and had great faith in the material. "Lost in Love" would turn out to be the first in a string of hits for us and also put us on the world stage, something we'd worked hard for the previous few years. The song was produced by Charles Fisher, a gentle man and a pleasure to work with.

One of my most vivid memories from that session was recording the background vocals, which seemed to take hours. I remember being frustrated, but I couldn't believe how great the song sounded when it was complete. Probably my sentimental favorite of all of Graham's compositions.

中文译文:
      在1978年早些时候,Graham那时在阿德莱德,而我在干些养家糊口的事情,我突然接到了Graham的一个电话。他告诉我他写了许多歌,建议我飞去他那里听听看。我一直对于听到他写的新歌很兴奋,所以带着一颗乐观的心和一些钱,我坐飞机去见他了。

那里正好有别的乐队的几个家伙,Graham开始弹他的木吉他。他开始唱,"I realize the best part of love is the thinnest slice...." 我完全臣服了! 美妙的旋律加上简单的歌词,直击人心。他唱完后,我立刻告诉他这首歌将成为我们的金曲。

我们一起合作了这首歌的人声部分,一起唱和声。最后,Graham建议我唱一个八度高音在结尾处。这首歌是个杰作,而且仅仅在15分钟里就完成了。

在"Lost in Love," "All Out of Love," "Sweet Dreams" 和 "The One That You Love," 这些歌的基础部分,我们和Wizard唱片公司的Tony Hogarth签署了一份协议。他觉得这些歌相当棒。"Lost in Love" 可能会成为我们的第一首金曲,让我们走向世界舞台,这首歌由Charles Fisher制作,他是一位绅士,和他合作相当愉快。

其中我印象深刻的一个地方就是在我们录制背景和声的时候,似乎过了好几个小时了。我记得我当时非常沮丧,但是我却无法相信当这首歌完成时,听起来将会有多么的伟大。也许我的我的情感正合适Graham的作曲吧。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.