找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 7122|回复: 0

第2-2章:耶!耶!耶! - Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-4-21 12:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_180224.jpg
Right: A bronze statue of John, my favorite piece in my Beatles collection, sculpted by my dear friend Brett Livingstone-Strong.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Of all the defining moments during this long and unforeseen career, one in particular I am convinced began the journey on which I travel. The year was 1964, the place, Nottingham, England.

I was going with a school friend, Paula, to the odeon cinema in the center of the city. We were going to a concert, my first. We were 14 years old. On the bill were some great, popular artists, such as Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas, Cilla Black, the Fourmost, and Gerry and the Pacemakers. But we weren't going to see those artists; we were going to see the Beatles. Walking into the cinema, I felt an electricity that I had never before nor since. It was an anticipation that defies desciption. All the supporting artists were excellent. It was really a Liverpool Fest of immense proportions. I remember the curtain being about 12 inches above the stage, and you could see the Cuban heels of the headliner. I thought to myself, "In about one minute, I'm going to see the biggest band in the world, and I'm going to freak out!" The noise from the audience was absolutely deafening, and there was no way the Vox AC 30 amplifiers were going to get over the crowd.

This wasn't a concert; it was a moment in history that lasted 30 minutes. You could only hear the constant screaming with a pattering of vocals. It didn't matter. I was listening to the greatest songwriters of our generation. What could be heard paled to what was felt. The grit and passion of four people united - it was grunge, it was tight, it was loose, it was magic, it was the most beautiful noise. Inside my soul, the switch was flipped. I will never forget. I cannot forget.

中文译文:
      在这个长久而不可预测的音乐生涯中,其中一个特别的我确信的时刻就是这段旅程的起始,那年是1964年,英格兰诺丁汉。

我和我的同学Paula一起去了城里的odeon剧院。我们将一起去看一场演唱会,那是我的第一次。我们都是14岁那时。一些伟大的流行艺人在台上,诸如Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas, Cilla Black, the Fourmost, and Gerry and the Pacemakers。但是我们并不是去看那些艺人的,我们将去看的是披头士乐队。漫步进剧院,我感受到了前所未有的触电感。这是一个难以描述的参与感。所有的前来表演的艺人都很棒。我记得幕布在舞台上方的12英寸处。我心想,"1分钟后,我将看到全世界最牛的乐队了,我要发疯了!" 听众的噪声真是震耳欲聋,Vox 30扩音器完全没法盖住观众的声音。

这根本不是一场演唱会,这个历史性的时刻持续了30分钟。你只能听到不断的尖叫声。我正在听我们这个时代最伟大的歌曲作者。能进入耳朵的,我感觉都是平淡的。4个人凝结着团结和勇气 -  它是垃圾,它是紧的,它是松散的,这是神奇的,它是最最美丽的噪音。在我灵魂深处,有个开关已经被打开了。我无法忘记,我也不能够忘记。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.