找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

第2-10章:日落大道 - Beautiful Sunset

发布者: hitchcock | 发布时间: 2018-9-15 19:59| 查看数: 5532| 评论数: 0|帖子模式

2-10.jpg
Above: 1983 poster for the release of the Greatest Hits album.
Above: Greatest Hits album released in August.

Beautiful Sunset

Being in Los Angeles in the early '80s was a real treat. It had a certain feel and smell, part constant scent and part smog. It just got inside you. Everything was big - the cars, the sandwiches, the freeways - it was always over-the-top. That was America, and we loved it. We loved the people, the restaurants and even our record company.

Having just had our eighth Top 5 record in a row really helped, too! Everyone wanted a piece of this new band from Australia that had taken the world by storm.

A truly defining moment for me was when I was driving down Sunset Boulevard on a beautiful sunny day in 1983. Russell and I were still living in Austalia and regularly took the Pan Am flight to Sydney. I had a fantastic house in Avoca Beach in New South Wales with the swimming pool, the Mercedes sedan and money in the bank, and my two children Simon and Smantha were also enjoying the nicer things in life. When in Los Angeles, we stayed either at the Westwood Marquis or at our managers's house in Beverly Hills. This particular day, I saw this huge billboard above Sunset Boulevard, right in a driver's view. You couldn't miss it; it was by far the biggest one on the strip. I did a double take when I saw what was on it. It was our new Greatest Hits album that had just come out, the one with Russell and me sketched on the cover. What made it so interesting was that it had the total copies sold every week posted on it, and every week we watched it climb into the millions. The whole of LA knew how many albums we sold weekly. It became a landmark and something everyone talked about. And it was up for months. I used to think, "Wow, that's really cool!"

中文译文:
      80年代初期在洛杉矶的那段日子真是令人神往。味觉和触觉相互交织,一半是香味一半是烟味。任何东西的体积都是巨大 - 汽车,三明治,高速公路 - 总是直冲云翔。那就是美国,我们爱它。我们爱这里的人,这里的餐厅,甚至我们的唱片公司。

连续的第八首排行榜Top5金曲也帮助了我们!每个人都想要一听这支把世界带起一股旋风的新兴澳大利亚乐队。

一个真正的关键时刻是,当1983年的一个晴朗的早晨,我在开车疾驰在日落大道上。Russell和我那时依旧住在澳大利亚,定期坐飞机飞去悉尼。我在新南威尔士的Avoca海滩有一栋有游泳池的很漂亮的房子,我有奔驰Sedan轿车,银行里也有很多钱,我的两个小孩Simon和Smantha也很享受他们的生活。在洛杉矶,我们住在Westwood Marquis或者是经纪人在贝弗利山的房子里。而这个特别的一天,我在日落大道看到一块巨大的广告牌,就在司机视角。你不可能错过他;这是迄今为止最大的一块。我再三确认了这上面到底画着什么。上面是我们最新的即将发行的精选集,封面上是Russell和我的素描画像。而更令人感兴趣的是上面有每周销售掉的拷贝数量,每个星期,我们都看着他攀上百万销量。整个洛杉矶都知道到底卖掉了几张专辑。这变成了一个地标,每个人茶余饭后都会谈论它。广告牌放了几个月。过去我总是想,“哇,这真是太酷了!”

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

最新评论

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.