找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 5344|回复: 0

第2-12章:知识问答 - Trivia

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-12-8 21:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
trivia.jpg
Ad for the single "Here I Am" published in Billboard's September 12, 1981 , issue.

Trivia

A good Air Supply trivia question: When and where was our first No.1 record? No one would be able to give correct anwser. But when it happened, I made a point of writing it down, as I thought of it as a great achievement.

It was in the Australian coastal city of Nambour in 1976, and the song was "Love and Other Bruises." Not much fanfare when this happened, quite understandably, but I was very proud of the accomplishment. It was a classic record that our producer Peter Dawkins made. I listen to it occasionally, and still sends chills down my spine.

Of a similar nature, the following defining moment was a few years later in our career. We had three Top 5 songs in the United States by the end of 1980, two No.2 hits and a No.5. Of course, we wanted a No.1; everyone does. It would fall on our next album to produce that song.

We never picked the singles from any album; that was always Clive Davis' domain. We would talk about it between us, but in the end, he made the choice. Clive came to the final mix stage of our second Arista album at Zentz Recording Studio in Hollywood. The producer was Harry Maslin, and we all got on famously. Clive came in, sat at center of the console and, within five minutes, was fast asleep. Harry played the final mix of "The One That You Love." When it ended, there were a few seconds of silence when Clive suddenly woke and said, "It will win you a Grammy, and it will go to No.1."

We never got the Grammy. I always thought we should have because the vocal from Russell was one of his finest. And he sang it in one take. He used to do that all the time, so we got used to it.

After the album and single came out a few weeks later, we were in the Midwest playing a show. We would always keep our eyes on the Billboard chart. It was customary for a new single of ours to enter the chart around 70 with a bullet, meaning it was hot. We had just finished sound check and went to the green room for the customary dinner.

We got the call from Clive himself, which was rare on the road. He simply said, "We've gone to No.1" I'll never forget that euphoric moment. Whatever happens after that can never be taken away from us. We were the first Australian band to achieve this, and that meant a lot, too.

We were very proud. Needless to say, the show that night was fantastic!

中文译文:
      这是一道很不错的Air Supply问答测试:什么时候,在哪里获得了我们第一张No.1唱片?恐怕没人能够给出正确答案。因为我觉得这是我们的一项巨大的成就,所以我认为我有必要写这样一段小故事。

那是1976年在澳大利亚的沿海城市Nambour, 歌曲是 "Love and Other Bruises"。没有太多歌迷能够知道这些,相当能理解,但是我本人对这项成就相当自豪。这是一张我们的制作人Peter Dawkins制作的经典唱片。我有时候还会拿出来听,依然能够让我脊背发凉。

类似的,紧接的一个意义重大的时刻发生在之后的几年。1980年末,我们在美国已经有了3首Top 5的金曲,其中2首亚军,和一首第五名,所以当然,我们想要一首冠军歌曲,每个人都想。而这首歌就将在我们接下去的专辑里出现。

我们不会去选择哪首单曲发行,这是Clive Davis的事。我们自己会商量,但是最终,他做的决定。Clive走进我们在好莱坞的Zents录音师,这是我们最终录制第二张Arista唱片的地方。制作人是Harry Maslin,我们都因此变得有名起来。Clive进来之后,坐到控制台中间,不到5分钟就睡着了。Harry放了"The One That You Love."最后混音的版本。结束后,有那么几秒钟全场寂静,Clive突然醒过来说,"你们最终会获得格兰美奖,并且攀上冠军。"

我们从来没有得到过格兰美。我一直想我们应该得到,因为这首歌里Russell的嗓音状态是他最佳之一。而且他录音一遍就过。他一直是这样的,我们已经习惯了。

在这张专辑和单曲发行的几个星期之后,我们正在中西部演出。我们一直盯着Billboard排行榜。我们已经习惯了我们的新歌从70位左右进入排行榜。我们刚刚完成了试音,准备去吃晚餐。

我们接到了Clive本人的电话,一般这在巡演的时候是十分罕见的。他寥寥几句,“我们已经冲到冠军了。” 我永远不会忘记这个高兴的时刻。无论之后发生什么事,都不可能把它从我们身上夺走。我们是第一个获得如此成就的澳大利亚乐队,这也意味着很多很多。

我们相当自豪。无需多说,那晚上的演出简直梦幻!

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.