Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 9169|回复: 0

第2-20章:我就是这样一个男孩! - It’s a Boy!

[复制链接]
发表于 2019-1-3 12:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2-20.jpg
My childhood home at 47 Hight Street in Nottingham, England

It’s a Boy!

The final defining moment of my career, so far that is, is a rather unexpected one. In October 2014, I went on a sentimental journey back to England for a school reunion, my first actually in all these years. I also planned to visit my birthplace and all the places that forged my personality, creating the person that I am today.

I’d been back several times before but not as a destination. This time would be different. I took my time revisiting the past. I stood for sometimes half an hour at the places I used to play with friends so long ago. I stand into the front room where our family piano used to stand. I was never allowed to play it, only my sister could. But they never played it anyway, so I would sneak in and tinker on it whenever no one else was around.

I stood at 47 High Street and gazed up at the window to the bedroom where my sisters and I were born and where our mother spent her last moments before drifting away, that, too, so very long ago.

Out of the corner of my eye as I was in deep contemplation, I saw a blonde little boy hiding behind a fence and occasionally peeking out to see what I was doing. He never came into full view, always hiding, but very curious about who I was. He followed me everywhere. I recognized the grey shirt and school tie, both all akimbo and disheveled.

It was then I realized that my childhood had been good to me. I’d been just like the other kids on the street, scrimping apples, getting into constant trouble, being cheeky. But all these things I needed in order to be who I am today. And that is someone who is so grateful for his youth. It gave me the foundation for a career that I love and treasure every waking moment. I am able to live my life and do what I love to do, to write and play music for a living and, at the same time, being some degree of joy and happiness to people whom I will never meet. I realized how every little thing., however unimportant, shapes our destiny and our future. I don’t know if I would have changed anything given the chance. I’m sure not.

I ended my sojourn the way I always have when back “home.” I brought fresh flowers for Mother and had a little one-on-one chat. I told her I was doing alright, but she already knew.

My young follower was still there. It was almost like hide-and-seek.

I thanked my past for giving me my present and my future and walked around the streets one last time, for now at least. The little boy followed me until I reached my car. Then he came out into full view and gave a beautiful, disarming smile. I smiled back the same way. We have known each other for a very long time.

0103_2.jpg

0103_3.jpg

0103_4.jpg

0103_5.jpg
Blessed:

Remind me to remember that our time on Earth is short
To spend the days we're given with love the only thought
Remind me to bring sunshine to everyone I meet
To warm the soul of young and old and make my day complete

I try to not forget things as often as I can
So if you see me wandering, remind me who I am
Just say the word "remember," my heart will do the rest
And I will say the same to you and then we'll both be blessed

---Graham Rusell

0103_6.jpg

中文译文:
      直到目前为止,对于我职业生涯起到重要意义的其实是一个非常让人意想不到的时刻。在2014年的10月,我回到我在英国的学校,参加一场伤感的怀旧之旅,事实上这是多年来我第一次回到这里。我还打算重返我的出生地看看,那个创造出今天这样的我的地方。

曾经也多次回来过,只是从来不将它设为最终的目的地。这次将会不一样。我会花时间在这里好好重温过去。我在从前和朋友们玩耍的地方,驻足了半个小时。我在前门放家里钢琴的地方也站了许久。小时候,我从不被允许去弹它(也许小时候太顽皮),只有我的姐妹可以弹奏它。但事实上她们都不怎么去碰琴,所有每当没人的时候,我就会偷偷溜去弹奏它。

我站在高街47号门前,凝视着卧室的窗户,我的姐妹和我都是在那扇窗子里出生的。而那里,也是我母亲离世前,最后度过的地方。真的太久太久太久以前的事儿了。

当我沉浸在回忆之中时,眼角瞥见一个金发碧眼的小男孩,在篱笆后面偷偷打量我。偶尔探出头看看我在做什么。他总是闪躲着,不让我看见他,但是他对我一定非常好奇。他跟了我许久,因为我能认出他乱糟糟塞着的灰色衬衫和蓬乱的校服领带。

就在这时,我意识到,我的童年真是快乐。和街上的其他孩子一样,调皮捣蛋,闯祸了就赖皮。正是这愉快的童年,造就了现在性格的我。为年轻时的我自豪。因为美好的童年,奠定了我能够从事这个我爱的事业,也是因此我珍惜每一个醒着的时刻。我现在能够过着我爱的生活,我写歌,我唱歌,我为音乐而生。为那些认识,我不认识的人表演,带给人们幸福和快乐。我意识到,幼时的每一件无关紧要的小事,都会改变我们的命运,塑造我们的将来。我不知道如果有人有人有机会改变过去,他会不会去做,但是我一定不会。

我收回了我的思绪。像小时候回到家一样,我带上一束鲜花,来看我的母亲。我告诉她,我现在做的很好,我相信,她在天之灵早已知晓。

我那个年轻的小跟踪者依然在那儿,就像在和我玩躲猫猫。

我感恩于过去给予我的一切,成为现在这样的我,也是将来这样的我。最后走在街上,那个小男孩一直跟着我,直到我走到我的车旁。然后,我看见小男孩不再躲躲闪闪,他给了我一个漂亮的,释然的微笑。我也同样对他微笑,仿佛我已经和他相识很久了。

祝福:

铭记我们生活在地球上的时间是短暂的
在我么被爱的日子里,唯一要去思考的就是
提醒我要把阳光带给我所遇到的每个人
温暖年轻的和年老的灵魂,使我的时光变得完整

我尽量试着不去忘却
所以如果你看到我无所事事,请及时提醒我我是谁
只要对我说“记住”,我的心就会想起剩下我该去完成的事
而我也会对你说同样的话,我们都会因此得到祝福

---Graham Rusell

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.